- “It was a very productive period in a beautiful place.
- I came with a plan to try and write a new large-scale
- string quartet and completed it within three weeks.
- There seemed to be an energy within the walls of this
- charming historic building that released the creative
- urge with almost no effort. It is a place to which one
- immediately wants to return.”
- “VICC has been a phenomenal experience –
- great place to think, write, soak in beauty
- and wonderful antique calm.
- This has to be one of the loveliest spots on earth.”
- “You have created the oasis for wandering souls -
- the composers, who come here to create, or -
- for peace – from various parts of the world.
- Inspiration from the town and the island(s)
- is something simular to mental hospital,
- with a hard treatment. It is really
- The Centre for Composers.
- Thanks for this wonderful time.”
Robert G. Patterson
- “I came to the Centre for Composers
- wondering if I was still a composer.
- I leave with perhaps the best piece
- I have ever written. Anyway, the piece
- I am happiest with. My time on Gotland
- has been the most unique experience
- of my adult life. I hope to return one day,
- and not too far in the future, either.
- This Centre is a miracle.”
Iraida Yusopova & Anastasia Braudo
- “I think that every composer dreams
- of a place like this. Here you find all
- it is needed for composing: nice town,
- the sea, beautiful views, nice food,
- all the necessary equipment to create wonderful music!”
- “There are no words to express our
- gratitude to you! We were happy every
- moment here – in this unique place,
- where ideal conditions for creation
- are united with the blue sky, the bright sun
- and the sweetest in the world sea.
- We felt your love and care in everything,
- even in the smallest things. And we shall
- never forget it.” “We wish VICC to remain
- always such Paradise on Earth as it has been now!”